Monday, March 27, 2017

Mean Monday Morning Drivers

 
We'll just call her Bertha...

Here we go again… the start of another week.  Today, Monday, March 27, 2017, I’ve decided that I wasn’t going to pay attention to all the jerks driving on the road.  It seems like it all starts on a Monday with being the worst day for the crappiest drivers on the road at 6 am.

From my house, I headed eastbound on I-94 towards my office which is approximately 40 minutes away.  I entered the freeway and my first encounter was the right lane of vehicles who felt they didn’t need to let traffic entering the freeway onto the freeway.  What!  Am I missing something?  Do they have a choice? do they own the freeway? I’m not allowed to use it?  What the heck gives?  So many questions going through my head at this time.

So, once I finally got on the freeway, only after getting flicked off by some stupid bitch (I’ll call her Bertha) who looks like she’s working on the set of The Walking Dead, I mean butt ugly and I think she knows it. I mouthed the words “I Love You” – that seemed to tame things down a bit… I’m not certain she can read lips, but I have to say that this really worked… score!

Once I passed ugly, I veered over to the left lane, you know the fast lane, that’s the one I’m talking about.  Good… guess what?  What looked like Bertha’s mother was in front of me going like 40 mph.  I moved closer but told myself that I wasn’t going to pull any of that road rage stuff, don’t need that headache on a Monday, it’s just not a great way to start out the week.  I tried to move to the middle lane so that I could go around her but had no success. Traffic was 100% clear in front of her car… “God can you just help me out, just this once” – meaning that I was wasting a prayer on this person.  So, get this, it’s a miracle! I was able to move into the middle lane and now my car is parallel with Miss Left Lane Hog… she looks over to me and speeds up!  Unreal, she wouldn’t let me in, she just emitted a mean ugly look, a look so bad that I imagined how bad her breath must have smelled.  Really, I promise you, I don’t like to be a hateful person, but I really hate this lady and was hoping she would be late for work and get fired or something like that… wouldn’t that teach her a lesson?

OK now all and good, traffic is moving just fine, I got off the freeway at my exit and hit every single red light possible, but no worries all is good.  The rest of the week has to be better, what are the chances that I will run across these two idiots again?

Hope each of you had a great start to your week… life is short, take deep breaths and just tell yourself that it just doesn’t matter.  Don’t sweat the things you can’t control, and it will only get that much better if Left Lane Hog got fired, traffic will move much better that’s for sure.

Have a great week!

Frankie

2 comments:

Diane said...

LOL. I really need someone to tell the Sheriff's office to have a car sit someone on 94 west between the Mitchell and the Marquette, at about that same time of the morning. I enter at 27th. The posted speed limit is 50 - FIVE-ZERO mph, but the actual prevailing speed is closer to 65. I can deal with that, but not the jokers who think 75 is acceptable. And I'm generally the one stuck behind a school bus, lol.

Frankie said...

I know, that would be aa good thing. I just had another guy today cut in front of me with no directional and barely just enough room for him... between my car and the car in front of me there was no more than one car length in space. Unreal... all you can do is shake your head.